Friday, July 10, 2015

Stuffed beef

Some time in the past I wandered over a blog post at CMBlake's joint that showed a gent with a beard stuffing ground beef with all kinds of goodies like onions and mushrooms and topping it with cheese, and then grilling them for an hour till they were done.

"Self" I said to myself, "You can do that."

So I did.  And it was good.  This particular dinner was ground beef filled with onions, mushrooms, pastrami, topped with smoked mozzarella and wrapped with bacon.  I had it in the grill, off-set from the coals at about 325 for an hour.



And then the Ragin' Mrs looks at me and says "Hey....  what if we tried this with a few different concepts?  Like maybe spaghetti and meatballs?"

"Self", I said to myself, "You can do that too!"  And so I did.

I made the bowls out of ground beef and our home-made Italian sausage (hot).  I made a red sauce with onions, garlic, and various Italian herbs.  I cooked up some whole-wheat pasta.  Whole wheat pasta seems to hold firmer than most other kinds, and since this was going to be cooked twice I wanted to make sure the pasta held up.  I filled the bowls with sauce and pasta, then topped it with finally shredded pecorino-romano cheese.  Here's the pre-grilled pic:



And here it is on my plate, along with a small loaf of bread:


Once it came off the grill I topped it with a bit more sauce.

Yes.  It was good.

Now go forth, and GRILL!

(Link to the post at CMBlake is here.  Found it!  They called it "Beer Can Bacon Burgers")

No comments: