Saturday, June 20, 2015

McDonalds wants to be "Progressive"

Whatever the hell that means.  I remember when I first really stopped going to McDonalds - when their commercials started being "Urban".  You want me to eat a burger?  Don't rap to me.  Their target demographic was "urban" kids, at least according to the ads I heard repeatedly on the radio.

For that matter, being "progressive" and hiring that loathsome slug Robert Gibbs isn't going to help them anymore than going "urban".  I don't know what the fix for McDonalds is.  I know I stopped eating their fries when they caved into the veggie-freaks and stopped using beef fat to fry them in.  Their burgers?  Eh.  You can get the same from Burger King.  Wendy's was my go-to, and I still enjoy a Frosty from time to time (CHOCOLATE, you commie bastards!  Vanilla is NOT A FROSTY FLAVOR!).

Right now if I want a burger it's either Five Guys, or a local joint called Beep's.  It's a bit more than McDonalds but not by much, and I get one hell of a better burger.

I do hope McDonald's figures their shit out.

3 comments:

Drumwaster said...

You should hit up In-N-Out, and get one of their double-double meals, made animal style (the burger patties are fried with mustard)...

One of the best burgers this side of the Rockies...

Ragin' Dave said...

Honestly, I'm not a fan of their fries. Good burgers, mediocre fries.

Gerry N. said...

Since Five Guys opened two stores within five minutes driving time, Mickey Dee's been dead to me. Five Guys has an actual hamburger, not a re-engineered hockey puck.