Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Veteran's Day

There's a lot that I could say, but I've either said it before, or someone else out there is saying it much better than I could.

So just give a prayer of thanks for all those who have stood their watch on the wall.  And here is something that took me a long time to "get", and I'm not sure I understand it completely just yet.  Those who stood their watch on the wall, but never were called into combat, are just as important as those who fired shots and were shot at.  The fact that you weren't sent does not in any way take away from the fact that you stepped up and volunteered to go.  I have the same respect for the guys who filled out requisition forms in Fort Bliss as I do for the guys who were kicking in doors, because without those filled-out requisition forms, the door kickers wouldn't have had the boots, beans or bullets to do their job.

And trust me on this - every Soldier out there would rather kick in doors than fill out requisition forms.  I know that I'd rather be in Afghanistan than stuck behind my desk.

So, to everyone who came before me:  Thank you.  To everyone coming after me:  Good Luck!

No comments: