Tuesday, November 04, 2014

"Smart" Diplomacy!

I'd say Poland has this Obama fellow figured out.

Yesterday I spoke with a top Polish MoD official, a man of sober and strongly pro-American views whom I’ve known for years. Referring to this week’s needless White House crisis with Israel, another American ally who has doubts about the current administration, he noted, “I didn’t need the Beltway media to tell me who the real chickens--- is.”  
"They really have no idea what they are doing,” he opined about Obama and his national security staff, “and we know it. You have no idea how many promises we’ve been given, even by the President himself, but there’s never any follow-up, it’s all talk. He thinks he’s on Oprah.” 
When I asked if he thought America would come to Poland’s aid in a crisis, he said laconically, “I’d flip a coin.”

Our foreign relations are going to be damaged beyond belief by Obama.  I only hope they're not damaged beyond repair.  But nobody can say the Poles don't know the reality of the situation.



2 comments:

Bill in England said...

The Poles (generally a fine and admirable people in my dealings with them) have extensive, bitter experience of unreliable "allies".

Ragin' Dave said...

My Army buddies told me that the Poles they met in Iraq were some of the most bad-ass troops they'd seen out of all our NATO allies.