Monday, November 03, 2014

Gurgle

One of the joys of living in Los Angeles is the constant pollution.  There's no escaping it; it surrounds you, you live in it, you suffer with it.  In my case, my allergies have been through the roof for the past two years.  Breathing is interesting some days.

So when you get rain, like we did Friday night and Saturday, and it clears out the air, suddenly your body doesn't know what to do.  But after it goes through it's period of shock, it tries to expel all the crap that's built up from fighting the pollution for so long.  So I've been hacking up lung biscuits yesterday and today.

Going for my run this morning, I blew a snotwad out of my sinuses that I'm pretty sure weighed more than my little dog.  And when I talk, I gurgle, until I can clear the crap out of my chest and talk normally.

Nine more months.  Nine.  And then I can escape.  I think the people who move here willingly all need a mental evaluation.

3 comments:

p2 said...

leave enroute? salmon wil be runnin......got space for ya.

bbuddha said...

You will probably have to readjust when you move away. I moved from Boston to Maine a few years ago and wasn't sure i'd make it thru the first spring. My eyes and nose ran constantly. my system didn't know what to make of all the clean air and pollen.

Ragin' Dave said...

Leave will be back in Idaho - I have a property line to clear, and about twelve cords of wood to help my father bring in. I'll make it up to Alaska one day, but it'll be a real vacation. Fishing will be involved. Maybe hunting, depending on the season.