Sunday, October 12, 2014

Not my photo

But it is a photo of the boat we were on.



One of the yacht clubs down here has hooked up with the recruiting battalion to give Soldiers a chance to chill out, relax and go boating.  We went out on this boat a couple of months ago, and the Cap'n and I got along like peas and carrots.  He keeps inviting me back, and I keep going.

We got some good wind yesterday, and cruised around off the coast of Long Beach.  I think the Cap'n enjoys bringing me along so that he can lounge on the bow of the boat with a drink in his hand while I pilot the boat and haul on rope.  And that's exactly why I enjoy going along, so it's a perfect relationship.

I came home tired and a little sunburnt, but any day spent sailing is better than just about any other day you can have.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yup, sailing is one of the coolest things in the world. And the best boat to use is someone elses. I do a bit of sailing in the San Juans, in Wa. State.