Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Confirmation

I never read many of Marion Zimmer Bradley's books.  They weren't my thing.  I think I now know why; when the mind writing the books is this diseased, they won't appeal to the sane.

Marion Zimmer Bradley was a child rapist and a child abuser.  Her daughter laid out just a small piece of the hell that she went through in an email.  Her son confirmed what her daughter had claimed.  This woman was raping her own daughter at the age of three.

Three.  Years.  Old.

This woman knew that her partner was a serial abuser, who sexually abused dozens of children himself.  And rather than sent the bastard to jail, as any sane person would do, she defended his sexual abuse and both encouraged/enabled it.

Had I any Zimmer books, I would be burning them right now.  But since they never appealed to me, I never bought any.  So at least I can say that I did not give any kind of financial support to a child rapist who encouraged others to rape children as well.

The more you learn about MBZ, the less you like.  Quite honestly, it makes me reconsider my association with the SCA, although most people in the SCA today may or may not be able to tell you who the heck MZB is.  We'll see how I feel about that when I'm in a place where I can actually participate.

This particular bit of brain vomit started with reading about Mark Greyland over at Vox Pololi.  Ugh. I need a shower now.

No comments: