Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Sleepless nights

Woke up in the middle of the night to the aroma of skunk.  We live close to a flood-control area which is also a wildlife reserve.  Skunks are common, as is the smell when someone gets too close to them.  It was strong for about five minutes, and then it faded, so it wasn't a skunk strike too close to my house.  For all I know, it could have been some hobo running by after getting hit.

Managed to get back to sleep, only to wake up to the smell of burning paper/cardboard.  That got me out of bed, but there was nothing even close to the house that was burning.  Best I can guess is that some homeless guy in the park was making himself a little fire.

I really, REALLY cannot wait to the the hell out of this shithole.  I don't mind the skunks, really.  But the noise, the crime, the trash, the shit, the filth, the omnipresent brown smog, the hobos camped out in the park taking a piss in plain view and leaving trash everywhere, I cannot wait to leave it all behind.

No comments: