Friday, April 18, 2014

Good Friday

That always struck me as just a bad name.  This is the day that our Lord and Savior died.  For those of you who aren't of the religious bent, perhaps this is the time for you to skip this post.

Ann Barnhardt has up a post that ties both Christmas and Easter together.  If you claim to be a Christian, I ask you to go read it.

As for me, I've spent quite a bit of Lend and most of Holy Week preparing and singing at my church. We take Lent seriously.  This is a time of repentance.  It's a time when we think about our many sins, and how Jesus took our sins to the grave with him, so long as we are willing to follow him and his teachings.

You have to ask yourself what you want more: the rewards of this life, or the rewards of the next.  It's really your choice.

1 comment:

bbuddha said...

I'm not a religious person, but I am a believer, I grew up in the church. I was a preachers kid and saw the inner workings and found that dealing with church people hurt my spirituality. All of that to say I do see the good in good Friday. It was the sacrifice that was made to forgive our sins. It made it possible for us to deal directly with God. The crucifixion was what rent the veil in two. And it was followed by the resurrection.