Monday, March 03, 2014

I am not alone

I am not the only person who thinks that DubStep music sounds much like what you would get if you fed a humpback whale Alka-seltzer and ExLax, then recorded the resulting sounds.

As an added note, Matt Walsh wrote a post regarding modern pop music, specifically Beyonce.  There's 630 comments when I looked at it.  I won't go into what I think about the comment writers, especially those who disagree with Mr. Walsh, save to say that their preference in music matches with their argumentative skills quite nicely.

I think I've said it before, but it took fifteen hundred years to go from blowing in animal horns and beating on drums while chanting rhythmically to full orchestral pieces that bring tears of joy to your eyes.  And then it took less than two hundred years after that to go back to music that is, in essence, blowing animal horns and beating on drums while chanting rhythmically.

One hundred thirty-seven years to go from this:



To Miley Cyrus.

Here's to hoping the pendulum swings back the other way sometime soon.

No comments: