Monday, February 10, 2014

My friends are so awesome

So several months ago, I was teaching one of our friends from church how to make wine and mead.  We got to discussing our favorite brews, I mentioned a beer that I had in Wisconsin that I couldn't get in California.  As far as I know, you can't buy it outside of that state.  Oscar's Chocolate Oatmeal Stout from Sand Creek Brewing Company.  It's like liquid awesome in a bottle.  It's one of the best beers I've ever had, truly.  The Ragin' Mrs. and I used to go to the brewery and sit in the tap room, and sample everything they had.  It was just good beer.

So anyways, I extoll the virtues of Oscar's to my pal, and we make a whole bunch of mead.  I don't give it a second thought.  So yesterday, that family and mine get together for dinner and a belated Christmas gift exchange (long story).  We got some gifts for their kids, and they made a pair of nice earrings for the Ragin' Mrs.  And then they pull out this big box.  I open it.  It's a case of Oscar's Stout, straight from Wisconsin.  They had called up the brewery and purchased a case, then had them mail it to their house.  I was able to have Oscar's Stout for the first time in close to two years.

Have I mentioned how awesome my friends are?

No comments: