Sunday, September 02, 2012

Be Still


Every now and then, when you're lost in thought....  say, while driving through a thunderstorm in the middle of South Dakota in what SHOULD be mid-day light, and your little Suzuki is straining to keep up with your wife's much larger, stronger vehicle, and you're worried about the move, and how much it costs, and the new position, and, and, and.....

You hear that voice, and it simply says "Be Still, and know that I am God."

Followed by one of my favorites - "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."

 And yes, that's the Ragin' Mrs' vehicle ahead of me.  Her beast was pulling more weight than my vehicle weighs in total and she could still outpace me any time she wanted to.  But my scoot is a rag-top, which we love here in CA.  And I get about twice the gas mileage.  There's a price to be had for that power.

1 comment:

Roswell said...

Beautiful picture! "Be still and know that I AM GOD"!!
Perfect!....