Monday, June 11, 2012

Thinks you might not know

I actually have liberal friends.

We don't discuss politics, and we have mutual interests outside political items, but we're on opposite sides of the spectrum when it comes to conservative/liberal.  Actually, they're not liberal, they're PROGRESSIVE.

And for the past year and a half, it's been "RECALL WALKER" and "TAX THE RICH" and every other progressive mantra that can be heard here in Wisconsin.  Facebook?  Twenty posts a day, fifteen about how evil Scott Walker is.

Me, I don't even bother to talk to them about it.  What would be the point?  They're so closed-minded on the topic that trying to explain facts to them would just piss them off.  The last time I spoke with them politically was after Obamacare came out, and I asked them what right they had to take my money, or my dad's money, or my boss' money and pay for a stranger's health care?  "Health care is a RIGHT!" they said.  And I responded "How can it be a right when someone else has to pay for it?  If we're going to follow that logic, then why don't I have a right to take your money and give it to a Catholic orphanage?  Those children NEED that money!"

Did I mention that they're pagan?  Yeah.  That didn't go over well.

Anyways, it all boils down to this:  I have been silently enjoying every single moment of anguish coming out of the Left here in Wisconsin.  Drinking it like a fine wine, I have.  Yep.  When I saw the video of the snot-nosed pussy crying about how Democracy died?  I laughed, and I laughed, and I hit "replay" about ten times so I could laugh again.  Oh, and by the way, he's not alone in how he feels.  I've heard everything from "WALKER CHEATED!" (with no explanation of how that happened) to "WE MUST DEFEAT THE FORCES OF FASCISM!" (with no explanation of how successive elective losses in open, fair elections is fascist).

I have reveled in the sweet, sweet sorrow that is the progressive Left in Wisconsin.  But now it's time to get back to work.  We didn't win by sitting on our asses.  And we can't afford to sit on our asses now.  I won't be here to see it, but I want Romney to win Wisconsin just to hear the shrieks of agony from the Left in this state.  Trust me.  I'll hear it.  I'll see it.  It needs to happen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You cannot argue someone out of a position they were never argued into, amigo. Republicans think Dems are stupid, while Democrats thinks Republicans are EVIL.

Drumwaster

Anonymous said...

Even from half a world away, we have been guffawing raucously at 'weepy dead democracy boy'.

Talk about your squealing pansy beta male, right there....


Mk50
Brisbane Australia