Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Since I have no energy

I'm just going to pass along this link from Ann Barnhardt:  Excommunicate the Bishops.

Back when there was a New Ledger, I wrote a now long-forgotten piece excoriating the Bishops in this country for complicity in its passage, for not speaking up, for not excommunicating the public officials who actively fight for the abortion license despite the infallible teachings of our Church — and by extension, for enabling a culture of license that enables the Culture of Death. (Piece stolen here; TNL no longer publishes essays.)

I stand by every word, and would like to add a few things. Let me start with the most basic one.
You can all, each of you, and I say this after a week of prayerful meditation and with all of the respect I can give, go straight to the darkest pit in the lowest valley of the Ninth Layer of Hell and burn there.
And I agree with all of it - it's not just the politicians who wrap themselves up in the flag of the Church during election season and then disavow it's teachings during the rest of their term, it's the Church officials who allow them to do it.  Every time Nancy Pelosi screams for abortion while claiming to be Catholic, there is a bishop who sees it and allows it to happen.

The leadership of the Church has allowed the rot to spread.  And they must be included in the problematic tally.

No comments: