Tuesday, December 06, 2011

The Lost Art of Homebrewing

Via Instapundit, Megan Fox talks about homebrewing.  The Ragin' Mrs. and I make our own wines and ciders.  I enjoy making beer, but it's a much longer process, and I find that doing the wine and cider takes up enough time as it is.  Plus, I'm in Wisconsin.  I can find any beer that I want up here, with multiple microbreweries within an hour drive.  Wines and ciders?  With the Ragin' Mrs. allergies to sulfites, which are added to wine and cider, the only wine we can buy is expensive and limited in both quality and quantity.

Anyways, it's a good read.  If you've ever wanted to take up a "hobby", this would be it.  And I put quotation marks around hobby because once you start homebrewing, it be comes less of a hobby and more of a lifestyle.  When you invest that much time and patience into anything, it's not a hobby.

Actually work?  Maybe, maybe not.  Time and patience?  Lots.  DON'T OPEN THAT BOTTLE YET!  IT'S NOT READY!

No comments: