Tuesday, August 23, 2011

*rending of garments*

This is the sort of thing that makes me wonder if staying with the Catholic Church is really worth it.  The Church leaders who supported Obamacare are now crying foul because the law would force the Catholic Church to violate it's religious tenents

But wait!  This law was supported by a "Catholic leader"!  How ever could it force a Catholic to violate their religious tenents?  Read the post that's linked.  And then tell me why Sister Carol Keehan still occupies a position in the church at all, because I can't figure out why.

Did she even read the bill?  Or was she so in love with forcing other people to pay for her health care that she threw her support behind it regardless of what was in it?  I am so sick of the Catholic church supporting liberal causes when those causes are pretty much antithetical to what the actual teaching of the church is.  I go to church for my spirit, not to hear political lectures.  And here we are, with the Catholic church getting bit in the ass by Obamacare, and Sister Carol Keehan is shocked, SHOCKED that the Catholic hospitals will not be exempt from it's regulation.

I want to vomit right now.

No comments: