Friday, April 01, 2011

Manpower

Doing manpower studies at work, in order to justify our requests for more staffing up the chain.  Looking at my spreadsheet, I see that I've had a grand total of two days off this month.  Most my section isn't much better than I am.  A good amount of travel included in there.

Next month, about the same.

This is why the military is paid on a salary.  Were we to get paid time-and-a-half like the unions, we'd eat up our entire budget in the first few months of the fiscal year.  And this is all rear-eschelon stuff here.  This isn't combat ops, which is essentially 12-16 hour days.  I'm lucky to have 10 hour days back home.  Think about that the next time a public employee union member shrieks that they want more of my money for their cushy job.

No comments: