Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Obama's Speech

Why do I even bother reading it?  It's blather and hot air, spewed on command.  I bet I can even break down how it sounded:  "Last month.....     (pause, head-swivel to next teleprompter)  Gaddafi's grip of fear.......  (grip of fear?  WTF is a grip of fear?)  appeared to give way........  (pause, head-swivel to next teleprompter)    to the promise of freedom."

The man is a robot.  I expect to see a string coming out of his back, with one of his speechwriters reaching out from behind a curtain and yanking on it.  Oh, and this line is a real knee slapper!


And as President, I refused to wait for the images of slaughter and mass graves before taking action.

Oh really now, President Present?

Bah.  I'm done.  Tell me when the government shuts down.

The question that keeps rattling around in my head - what does Obama get out of this?  Why Libya, when he dithered as protesters were shot in the face in Iran?

No comments: