The recently disenfranchised lame duck Left pulled off its most extreme legislative coup thus far, by homosexualizing the United States military-using their own version of the admittedly lame Don't Ask, Don't Tell Clinton legislation.
DON'T ASK (Awkward Questions):
They did not ask, in a Pentagon poll, if repeal was morally appropriate. They asked whether, in practice, the implementation plan would work. By including those with "mixed feelings," they manufactured a 70% majority, although all but one of the leading generals were opposed and 75-85% of those fighting and dying for us (Marine and Army Combat Arms) said the repeal would have "negative, very negative, or mixed impact." By not really asking, the ideological politicians prevailed.
The real questions were neither asked nor debated in Congress. Few right wing pundits reacted and even the Church was strangely silent. Everyone is suffering from Don't Ask cultural lockjaw-except the Gays, who did not wait to be asked. They welcomed the vote as an "historic step," "ushering in a new era," "for the world," according to Toni Reis, president of the Brazilian Association for the Rights of Gays, Lesbians, Bisexuals and Transvestites.
I agree with Reis: something of immense importance occurred on Saturday, December 18, 2010. America will never be the same. Radically altered was the United States Military, the iconic symbol of American patriotism, committed to maintaining goodness and justice in the world, which is doubtless why so many Christians down the years have filled its ranks. I once led a Bible study in the Pentagon with thirty generals!
Patrick Buchanan describes the repeal as a "Christian Rout in the Culture War-a victory.for the new morality of the social revolution of the 1960s and a defeat for traditional Judeo-Christian values." Enacted on the verge of the winter solstice, this law ushers in a cultural winter: the new, pan-sexual spiritual society which declares homosexuality to be "the sacrament of monism." St. Paul's prophecy now also indicts many in the church who are or will be drawn into compromise on this issue: "they not only do them [things which are not fitting] but give approval to those who practice them" (Romans 1:32).
DON'T TELL (The Long-Term Consequences):
By not asking the right questions, our leaders also refused to tell the inevitable consequences of full homosexual acceptance:
* how disputes over sexual trysts will be adjudged in situations comparable to forced cohabitation of men with women;
* how the health of our troops will be affected (due to high rates of syphilis and other STDs, current U.S. health regulations prohibit men who have sex with men from donating blood);
* how recruitment will be affected , since over a half million soldiers have said they will quit the Armed Forces, and parents may refuse to send their teenage boys into situations of moral compromise;
* how soldiers with religious convictions against homosexuality will fare when exposed to re-education (indoctrination) and "sensitivity training" programs. (The hearings stated that there will be "zero tolerance of anyone who disagrees for any reason, including 'moral or religious beliefs.'") The rule will be: DON'T ASK AWKWARD QUESTIONS!
* how chaplains will survive. Will they be silenced or ejected? Their treatment will serve as a clear prophecy of how all Christian ministers will fare in tomorrow's gay-endorsing public square.
* how the future Armed Forces will function, once "cleansed" of biblically faithful chaplains and morally strong Christians soldiers. The Military will be handed over to moral and spiritual relativists ready to enforce the peace-loving pan-sexual, pan-religious agenda of a coming One-ist utopia, with no place for truth-telling.
GO TELL (The Two-ist Truth)
We cannot be silent. Truth must be spoken. "Go tell it on the mountain," says the hymn we sang at Christmas, "that Jesus Christ is born." A heavenly army of angelic warriors, glistening in holiness, crashed into our gray One-ist, homocosmological world from the outside. Our world is still rumbling with the aftershocks. An external saving truth that we could never imagine is available to rescue us from the false promises of the Lie. The Truth concerns the Creator, who differs from us creatures. He created a beautiful world of difference, a world that fell into idolatrous sameness. That Creator then condescended to save us sinners, gay or straight. Only the glorious Gospel of Two-ism explains the uncontainable joy evoked by the "random act of culture," at Philadelphia Macy's
Play it and weep tears of joy as, in the public square, Handel tells us, with exquisite beauty, the truth about Jesus.
Another German Christian, Martin Luther, extols our spiritual champion:
"Dost ASK who that may be?"
Luther TELLS us the name of the great soldier of faith:
Christ Jesus, it is He, Lord Sabaoth His name,
From age to age the same-And He must win the battle.
Christos Kurios: Christ is Lord
One of my biggest hang-ups with the repeal of DADT was that when people like myself asked questions or objected, we were shut down with "Be quiet you homophobe!" Hell, I had that response from some people on the Right, who should know better.
And now the deed is done, there's no putting the cat back in the bag, and those questions are still unanswered. Don't expect me to just meekly walk along and accept that flaming bag of crap. Repealing Don't Ask Don't Tell was nothing more than political kabuki theater. It had nothing to do with improving the military.