Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Start the cutting!

Little article here about what programs can be cut from the Federal Gummint.  I've had a discussion with people much like this, where I started describing what departments could be cut from the government.  He objected, and said we would have riots in the streets.

I ain't certain that's a bad thing.  I might be pilloried for that, but I really don't know if watching the parasitic class go into full melt-down mode is all that horrible.

Oh, and for the record, I want to cut the Departments of Education, Health and Human Services, Agriculture, Energy, the EPA, and various other independent programs, as well as most "foreign aid" that amounts to nothing more than handing money over to despots who hate us.

1 comment:

Goober said...

What programs to cut? Hell, that's an easy one-liner. Anything not specifically described under Article 8, Section 1 of the Constitution. Gone. If you want to argue that something isn't listed there that we really need, then pass a Constitutional Amendment to get it, just like you are supposed to, so we have a bit more say in what is going down.