Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veteran's Day

I don't know if there's anything that I can say to beat all the essays and speeches made by people far more verbose than me.

There's times when I have to travel in uniform, and I'm always at a loss of what to say when someone comes up to me and says "Thank You".  I don't think I've done nearly enough to deserve that thanks, compared to so many of the people currently serving in all the branches of the military today.  If you really want to thank a veteran, donate to Soldier's Angels, or the USO, or volunteer some time at the local VA hospital or airport USO.  There's no better sight to a Soldier who's laid up at an airport for hours than the brightly lit open door of a USO.  A cup of coffee and a PB&J sammich does wonders for a soul who's been on a plane for hours, and probably has more hours on a plane to look forward to.

In the meantime, I'm off to Portland.  Posting will be spotty for a while.  Toodles!

No comments: