Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Saw this on Instapundit

Along with this big scary warning from some food safety guy:


This raw milk trend is very dangerous development. I spent 25 years in the food industry responsible for food safety, There is no way I would let anyone I care about drink raw milk. There are no benefits to raw milk consumption and no dangers in pasteurization. If a large dairy introduced raw milk into the food supply, they would be in front of Congress taking a beating that would make the Toyota hearings look like a walk in the park.
Please let your readers know that raw milk is not “healthy” but is extremely dangerous.


If I may be so bold - ahem - this guy can go piss up a rope.  Drinking raw milk is dangerous?  So is eating raw steak, and yet I still see Steak Tartar being prepared.  Eating raw fish is dangerous, and sushi is still huge in America.  Riding a motorcycle is dangerous, and yet I still see plenty of bikes on the road.

Life is dangerous.  Freedom involves risk, and if some people out there want to drink raw milk no damned food nanny should be able to tell them "No".  And since the people who drink raw milk are finding ways to do it, why should anyone stop them?

As for me, I think that selling raw milk could lead to much better cheese in this country, which I wholeheartedly support.  Because I'm cheesy like that.

No comments: