Friday, September 10, 2010

My Take on the Koran Burning

Which is now on hold anyways.

I note that around the world, Muslims have no problem burning the American flag, effigies of Americans, and anything America related.  Now, none of those things have religious connotations, so we're not exactly talking apples to apples on this.  However at this point, I think it's less important what we burn, and more important to push the message that we will not allow the acts of 7th century barbarians to push us around.

Am I going to burn a Koran?  No.  Do I support it?

Yes.

Because the basic message of burning a Koran is that we will not submit to Islam, and we will not back down.  And that's one message I don't hear often enough.  Sometimes just pissing off the right people is what you have to do.  Maybe when you can openly carry a Bible in Saudi Arabia, then I'll worry about their sensibilities.  Until then?  I think that civilian hostility to a barbaric, moon-god worshipping, woman abusing, blood-thirsty murderous cult is just fine.  I don't have a problem with it.

No comments: