Monday, August 09, 2010

On the Ground Zero Mosque

Ace has a good round up of links regarding said mosque.  I've been watching the spectacle from afar with something like amusement mixed with horror.  I knew that New Yorkers, as a whole, were a bunch of nitwits - how else do you keep re-electing a man who is nicknamed "Nanny Bloomberg" for his obsessive habit of controlling other people's lives - but I never expected them to be a bunch of gutless surrender monkeys willing to submit to medieval islamofacist barbarians, especially when you take September 11th into consideration.

Huh.  Tells you what I know, I guess.  I suppose that they could still rise up and push back against the mosque, which is being built for the sole purpose of showing Islam's victory over the Great Satan, but I don't see that happening.  I'd cheer if it did happen, and my opinion of New Yorkers would go up immeasurably if it did.  But I think that the few sane citizens of New York need to get the hell out just as fast as they can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, Greg Gutfield seems to have an outstanding idea to welcome this mosque to the Big Crapple. He is proposing to build a gay bar for Islamic men next to it in an available commercial space. I understand that he claims to have several investors onboard. Should be interesting to see how Hizzoner and Chuckie Schumer and the rest of those leftards deal with this. After all, they ARE gay-friendly...