Sunday, August 29, 2010

Dave turns into a hippy?

Under the "No, did he really?" category, one of the things that's happened recently is that I've joined an artist's co-op.  You know those photos that I throw up occasionally?  I've got quite a few of them, and many of them my mother has asked "Dave, why don't you sell these?"  Well, I didn't sell them because I never had time to set up shop.  But now I do in a small way - or more to the point, there are quite a few of us who will be setting up shop together, and I won't have to spend eighty hours a week making it work.

Look, I've been around "art" it all it's various forms for quite a while.  Art doesn't pay very much, m'kay?  Even my brother, who has more music talent in his left nostril than most folks have in their entire bodies, has to hold down a full time job in order to play his music on the weekends.  I know I'm not going to make it rich.

But an extra c-note or two every month wouldn't suck.  And that's what I'm hoping for here.  Which means that I'm going to have to really be careful about what photos I toss up, because I don't want to give away anything that I'm selling down at the shop.

Meh.  Anyways, that's just the brain droppings for this morning.

No comments: