Monday, May 17, 2010

Open Carry Picnic

I managed to haul my ass off the couch yesterday and head out to the La Crosse County Open Carry Picnic.  Chicken, folks, and firearms.  It was fairly low key - no hotheads, no idiots, just people out enjoying the sunshine and having lunch.  I'd say there were 150-200 folks there.  Roughly three-quarters of them were open carrying.  I didn't take too many pictures, mainly because I was just enjoying myself and having a good time.  I did however take a picture of a pistol grip that I might have to find for my 1911.


Click to enlarge.  Ye Olde Gadsden flag on snakeskin-colored pistol grips.  Davey Like!  There are plenty of other pictures at the link if you want to go check them out.

Now, compare this event to this poor bastard who got arrested for "disorderly conduct" because he was shopping while open carrying.  Please note - Wisconsin is no-issue; no concealed carry allowed what so ever.  However, the state supreme court says that citizens have a right to carry arms, which means you open carry or nothing.  So this guy gets arrested for doing something completely legal.  THAT is why events like this are so important.  Consider it a mass demonstration, if you will.  A little notice that we are here, we are law abiding, and we will exercise our rights.



Your humble narrator.  I might make that my profile picture.

No comments: