Sunday, December 13, 2009

Health care and drugs, where will we get them?

As members of Congress before last year’s election, President Obama and his chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, supported efforts to allow drug imports. But now the Obama administration, like pharmaceutical companies and the Bush administration, is raising safety concerns.


I really have to say thank you pharmaceutical companies. As much as I don't like business and government mixing, I am grateful that it looks like all prescription medications will be from the USA, if this bill passes(I am still being optimistic that it might not). I know that there are people in this country that out of pure desperation will look to Canada, Mexico and other sources to get their prescription medications. Though with certain stores carrying generics for $4.00 that is hardly necessary for most people. I really don't know much about Canada's safeties on such things, but Mexico???? Heck if I had my way these things wouldn't even be made in our protectorates and territories.

But, as we have watched this tennis game we know the score is constantly changing with corruption on its side.

No comments: