Monday, October 12, 2009

Things I had forgotten

to continue to be outraged by:

POTUS statement when he cowtowed to public opinion and decided that war vets didn't need to carry private insurance to cover war injuries

" Look, it's an all-volunteer force," Obama complained. "Nobody made these guys go to war. They had to have known and accepted the risks. Now they whine about hearing the costs of their choice? It doesn't compute.." "I thought tese were people who were proud to sacrifice for their country," Obama continued. " I wasn't asking for blood, just money. With the country facing the worst financial crisis in its history, I'd have thought that the patriotic thing to do would be to try to help reduce the nation's deficit. I gues I underestimated the selfishness of some of my fellow Americans."
This statement should outrage everyone. I wish we could have tried him for treason based on this stunt alone. I have to say his addition skills astound me. The addition being the Citizens, weighing the risks and benefits decide to become soldiers and risk becoming mortally injured because they know they will be taken care of if they do. This thinking is really no different than anyone else that wants to take benefits away from any Veteran. The Veteran has already fulfilled their part of the contract and for the government to change their end of the contract in unconscionable! For him to refer to the Veterans expecting the goverment to fulfil their part of the contract as "selfish" leaves me speachless and with a bad taste in my mouth. He is trying to run this country as it suites him. He really was just trying to destroy the military with this.



Congress retirement plan:
When they retire, they continue to draw the same pay until they die.
When they die their wives continue to draw an outragous amount.

I can see they might earn a pension, but that they get this same benefit no matter how many terms they serve. They vote on this benefit for themselves, including raises, not John Q. Public, but them. Then the vote on John Q. Public's Social Security and it is amazing how stingy they become. Social Security does not get an increase this year folks. Grandma in Anywhere, USA is living on the same amount she did last year despite the cost of groceries and everything else going up. Does that sound fair to you?

No comments: