Saturday, August 01, 2009

RANGE DAY!

Mosin-Nagant? Check.
.22LR in both pistol and rifle forms? Check.
M1911A1? Check.
S&W Model 36 in .38 Special? Check.
Wolf .50 Caliber muzzle loader? Check.

Step-son? Check.

Pardon me for the lack of blogging, but we'll be blowing holes in paper for a goodly long while today.

UPDATE: Ammo expended -

7.62X54R - 20
.45 ACP - 50
.38 Special - 60
.22LR - 800
.50 Caliber lead ball - 20

It was a good day. I spent quite a bit of time with the step-son, ensuring that he remembered the basics, and then expounding on what he knew. He spent hours happily poking holes in paper at long distances. I then proceeded to sight in the muzzle-loader, and made sure the Mosin-Nagant was still sighted in. I'm certain that as of right now, I could take both of them hunting and hit what I was aiming at. I only recently got my M1911 fixed, and so this was the first range session in a long time for it. Ran a box through it, had two failure to feeds, but that could have been the steel case Wolf ammo. In any case, the gunsmith did a good repair job considering the thousands upon thousands of rounds that I've put through it over the years. The S&W ran sixty rounds through nicely, although you expect that with a S&W revolver.

All in all, it was a darn good day. Especially since I gave the wife time enough to set up the step-son's suprise birthday party without him having any hint of it.

Heheheheheheheh.

No comments: