Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Scam attempt

So, there I was, minding my own business in my kitchen when my cell phone went off. Unlisted number. No big deal, all the numbers from work come in as unlisted. I answer it, and get a computerized voice:
"This call is to notify you that your VISA card account has been suspended. For information or to speak to a representative, press 1"
Uh huh. Bull-fucking-shit. But just to confirm it, I press "1" and I hear:

"Please enter your 16 digit VISA card number"
*click*

The sad part is that I could see some poor confused granny falling for this. And that makes me want to hunt these cheese-dicked fuckheads down and beat them to death with their own limbs. The limbs that I tear off of their bodies. The more I deal with humanity, the more I wonder if there's any hope for humanity. More and more, the answer I come up with is "Nope".

No comments: