Thursday, November 06, 2008

Shake off the funk

Everyone got a clear head now? Yes, the election sucked. Yes, our country is in trouble. Yes, things are going to get worse.

And we all know it. So now is not the time to wallow in despair. You don't solve a problem by sitting around and crying into your beer.

I was speaking with another NCO at work, who's heavily involved in the Republican Party here in our little section of Wisconsin. We spoke for a good long while, and he wants me to talk to the Republicans here when they hold their next meeting. Bottom line: The Republican Party needs to make massive changes to itself, otherwise they'll keep losing elections.

I told him that I wasn't a Republican. I'd shredded that particular membership card back in 2003 and mailed it to the RNC in one of their donation-begging envelopes. He still wants me to come talk to his group. So OK. I will.

I'm going to expound on this a bit more tomorrow, when I can gather my thoughts a bit more. In the meantime, read this and this.

No comments: