Sunday, July 27, 2008

St. Louis, MO

It's hot. Damn hot. Now I remember why I got the hell out of Kansas as soon as I could - because the weather will make you melt.

After three years of Puerto Rico, you would think that I would be used to hot and humid. You would be wrong.

Stopped by the Baker's Creek Seed Company about 45 miles out of Springfield. It's an Heirloom seed company. The wife danced around a little bit and then bought forty-five different packs of seeds. We got carrots, tomatoes, lettuce, spinach, melons, gourds, radishes, beans, more beans, peas, summer squash, winter squash.... whew..... next spring is going to be plant heaven at my house. Cool place, and the guy helping us pick seeds out knew damn near everything about what was in his store. Turned out, he was the owner. Not only that, but he'd started the company when he was 17.

When I was 17, I was chasing girls and banging on drums. I guess it took me a little while to get myself in gear.

I pick up my truck tomorrow. WOO-HOO! I get to drive my vehicle again! Don't get me wrong, my wife's car is nice, but it's sized for her. As in, sized for her 5'4" frame, not my 6' frame. Getting in and out requires at least ten minutes of limbering up before I attempt it, lest I contort myself in some odd fashion and pull a muscle or rupture a hamstring.

We should be in Wisconsin by tomorrow night. Long day of driving, but at least we won't have any further to go.

No comments: