Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The obligitory Obama post

Since he gave this big, heart-pouring speech and all.

Listen, this isn't about Obama not holding his hand over his heart and refusing to say the pledge of allegiance.

This isn't about Obama refusing to wear a US flag pin.

This is about Obama's relationship with a racist, hate-filled, loony kook of a pastor for over twenty years. A pastor who says that blacks should sing "God Damn America" instead of "God Bless America". A pastor who believes that the US government created the HIV virus to keep blacks in check. A pastor who believes that the US government gives crack to black people. A pastor who claimed that America deserved what happened on September 11th. Nice video of it in that last link there. A man who wants to talk about the "original sin of slavery" in this country.

Hey Obama? Guess what? Both my mothers family and my fathers family came to this country after the civil war. I've never owned slaves. NOBODY IN MY FAMILY HAS EVER OWNED SLAVES. But you want to claim that I'm part of the "original sin of slavery" because...... I'm white? You know what that is, asshole? That's racism.

And after listening to the man who was your pastor for over twenty years, I think I can see exactly how you feel. Yeah, that crackpot who blames everything on whitey. The one who married you and your wife. The one who baptized your kids. The one who you've supported for twenty-plus years. And the one who has been spewing hatred and racial division for that time, while you sat in his congregation and nodded your head.

You cannot tell me that Obama sat in this mans church for two decades and doesn't believe in what was being preached. Hell no. Which leaves two options: Either Obama fully agrees with Rev. Wright, in which case he's a sorry sack of shit and racist to boot, or he doesn't believe in what the Reverend is preaching, in which case he's only going to that church just for the publicity, the public face if you will, and that makes him a fake, a fraud, and a charlatan. Now tell me again how he's going to heal our country's wounds? Bullshit. Let me quote a bit from his speech, if I may:

…Like other predominantly black churches across the country, Trinity embodies the black community in its entirety .....

Like other black churches, Trinity’s services are full of raucous laughter and sometimes bawdy humor.

The church contains in full the kindness and cruelty, the fierce intelligence and the shocking ignorance, the struggles and successes, the love and yes, the bitterness and bias that make up the black experience in America.

I can no more disown him than I can disown the black community.
Hey, you know what I constantly see? I see Obama identifying himself as a black man. A black this, part of the black that, black vs. white, etc., etc., etc.

I know I'll probably get misquoted by some moonbat, but I'm going to say it anyway - I don't want a President who considers himself a black American. I want a president who considers himself an American, and who doesn't give a shit what color his skin is. I don't consider myself a white American. I don't consider myself an Irish-American, or an Italian-American, I AM AN AMERICAN. Period. Full stop. Do not add anything to that, do not continue, do not hyphenate that at all, just leave it as it is. I am an American.

I will not accept ANYONE for president who won't say the same thing. Barak Obama does not consider himself an American, he considers himself a BLACK American.

That is unacceptable. And anyone who still continues to label themselves based on the color of their skin is unfit to represent the country. It's not me saying he's unfit because he's black. He is unfit because he segregates himself by his own actions.

If the first way that you identify yourself is due to the color of your skin, then you are a racist. That's a hard truth that people don't want to hear, but it's still the truth. Black-American. Asian-American. Mexican-American. African-American. Italian-American. Arab-American. You are placing your racial identity before your country, and that will tear a country apart faster than anything. You are saying that the color of your skin, or where your family came from is more important than where you are now. It's more important than what this country can provide. You are separating yourself from me because my skin is a different color than yours.

That is racism. And I will not elect a racist to be president.

No comments: