Wednesday, February 06, 2008

A little something about that "stimulus" package...

You know, that big check we're all supposed to get as part of the "stimulus" package? Uh, yeah. I don't know how to break this to you, but IT'S YOUR OWN MONEY!!

The government is giving you some of your own money and calling it a "benefit." Or a "bonus."

But know what? Come tax time next year, your rebate check will be less by exactly the same amount. You aren't getting any MORE money, your just getting the same money at a different time. Your money. It's like transfering money from savings to checking and thinking you made something on the deal.

Or like using a credit card to buy something because you can't afford to pay cash.

I call this "moving the holes." You never actually fill it, you just move it to a different spot in the yard.

I am continually amazed at how stupid politicians think we are. And I'm even more amazed when people fall for it. Guess I should know better by now.

No comments: