Tuesday, February 26, 2008

It's rather hard to type right now

There's a flag football league on post that I'm a part of. I play center on offense and linebacker on defense. The league was put on hold for a bit because of a contract dispute between the post and the refs. Basically, the refs weren't getting paid at all, so they had a pretty damn good reason to be upset.

Anyways, the contract got taken care of, and we're playing catch-up games so that we can get into the playoffs. So my team had a double-header last night.

I told you all that so I can tell you this:

Sometime during the first game, I jammed my thumb blocking a defender. Sometime during the second game I did it again, only harder. I woke up this morning, tried to grab a cup of water, and damn near cried. My thumb hurts like a bastard. It's not broken. I did a check on it, moved it, felt the joint, and it's just jammed real bad. But guess what finger I use to hit the spacebar?

Yep. My right thumb. So it hurts to type right now. But don't worry, I'll still try to post for my ten regular readers. Hell, after taking a weekend off, I can work through the pain for y'all! Heh. In the meantime, I'll going to get caught up on everything I missed this weekend. When your only connection to the world is through your modem, it sucks to have it go out suddenly. Since I don't have cable or a dish, my only way to get news is online. So gimme a while to see what I missed.

Oh, and we won both games, by the skin of our teeth, and we're now in the playoffs. But if we play that shitty against the other teams, we're going to lose our asses.

No comments: