Friday, February 15, 2008

Damn damn damn damn DAMN!

Been slowly getting the motorcycle up and running. Went out today and bought a battery, since the last one's been dead for a while. So it's good. Checked the spark plugs. They're good. Checked the carb. It's good. Tires need to be replaced, but they're not going to die right now.

Opened the gas tank. HOLY FUCK ME GENTLY WITH A CHAINSAW THAT'S A SHITLOAD OF RUST!!!!!

Apparently letting a motorcycle sit for a good while in a tropical climate will cause rust to form inside the gas tank even if there's gas in the tank. Who knew? I thought if you kept gas in it, you could prevent the rust. I was wrong. Whoooo boy was I ever wrong.

The tank is currently sitting on my back table with rust remover in it, and it'll take a few days to see if it works. But from where I see it, I'm going to need a new gas tank. Dammit. Just.... dammit.

So, if there are any motorcycle people out there, I'm looking for a gas tank for a Honda Shadow 600 VLX Deluxe. I don't care if the paint job sucks. I don't care if it's scratched. I just care if it holds gas and isn't all..... rusty... inside. Preferably for $100 or less.

Anyone?

No comments: