Thursday, January 10, 2008

A Good Cigar

There's a local cigar company that has a shop at the PX here on Ft. Buchanan. Don Rey Cigars. I tried to get a link to their website, but it seems to be offline for right now. Maybe it's just me.

Anyways, they rolled the World's longest cigar, right at the Ft. Buchanan PX. It's in the Guinness Book of World Records. 135 feet and 2 inches, if I recall correct. The Ragin' Mrs. and I helped roll it, along with about 50 or so other people.



The photo is of their master roller putting the wrapper on the cigar. I tried to find it on the Guinness Book website, but it came up with "no result found". Then again, I tried to put "world's longest" and into their search engine, and came up with "no result found". So maybe it's not just me. But they were certified, and have the certificate hanging up in their store at the PX.


That's me in the middle in the grey shirt. The reason I'm blogging on this is because last night I smoked one of their robustos with a Connecticut wrapper, and it was one of the best cigars I've had in a while. It was damn good. I had bought two of them, because I always share with a friend of mine, and we both agreed it was one of the best cigars we'd ever had of theirs. I wanted to share the link with anyone who liked good cigars, but since their website appears to have problems that will have to wait for another day.

And hell, I always enjoy posting photos.

No comments: