Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Worthless idiots in the Government

While that would normally produce a "Well, DUH!" from my readers, the focus of my ire today is the State Department. Judging from old Foggy Bottom's actions during the Bush administration, one would be able to think that the State Department's goals and objectives are to work against the USA, rather than for us. Well, this latest bit of pablum is just more confirmation: "This Pretty Much Kills the Iran Democracy Program"


WASHINGTON — The former director of President Bush's flagship democracy program for the Middle East is saying that the State Department has "effectively killed" a program to disburse millions of dollars to Iran's liberal opposition.


In an interview yesterday, Scott Carpenter said a recent decision to move the $75 million annual aid program for Iranian democrats to the State Department's Office of Iranian Affairs would effectively neuter an initiative the president had intended to spur democracy inside the Islamic Republic.



You know what I would like? I'd like to find a solution to the Iran problem that does NOT include dropping bombs and sending in troops. And I'd fund whatever program out there might get me that solution.

I guess the State Department feels differently.

Hell, this is the same department where so many spineless, bootlicking pustules were whining about being sent overseas that one of their own felt the need to bitchslap them. The list of things that the State Department has screwed up in this decade alone would take gigabytes of space to document. Well, chalk another screwup to them.

I'm wondering just what it's going to take to clean them up. Or if they can actually be cleaned up. I don't think they can.

No comments: