Monday, September 24, 2007

There's nowhere else to go

Kim du Toit has a post up that I think everyone should read. My take on it?

Short of winning the lottery and buying a small country somewhere, there's nowhere else for conservatives to go in the world. Period. Can you name one other country that has the freedoms that the Democrat American Communist Party and it's allies are currently undermining as fast as they can?

The right to defend yourself with firearms? Check.

The right to say that all current congresscritters should be tarred and feathered, then either run out of the country or hung by the neck until dead? Check.

The right to call the Speaker of the House a traitorous communist wench who should have her citizenship revoked immediately? Check.

I think that a lot of the rights formerly held in this country have either fallen by the wayside, or been removed by the damn gummint at one point or another. Which is a problem that needs to be rectified. But even if I wanted to get the hell out of the country, where could I go? I've been around the world a time or two. I've been to other countries, and I can't think of a single other country that has the freedoms that we still have. As Kim says it, and I agree:

This is it. This United States, this noble experiment, this bastion of freedom, this light which shines on the world and gives hope to billions of people elsewhere—this is the last hope of humanity.

We have nowhere else to go.

And that's the truth. I honestly think that this country will have another civil war in my lifetime, because the communist ideals of the Left and the freedom-loving ideals of the Right cannot be reconciled in any kind of meaningful way. Government power and control cannot be reconciled with individualism. Capitalism and Communism don't mix. So one of two things will happen. Either we will win, and thus be able to stave off collapse for a few more years, or the Left will cheat their way into power yet again, and freedom loving people will have to secede from the USA. Granted that's a rather simplified version of what I think will happen, but I can go into details later.

Once I get back to civilization, I'm stockpiling ammo.

No comments: