Saturday, September 29, 2007

Theft

I was listening to Glenn Beck while I was on vacation, and he made a point that I think needs to be made to everyone who supports more taxes and state control.

My neighbor across the way is having car troubles. My neighbor next door has three vehicles. If I take one car from my neighbor next door, and give it to my neighbor across the way, that is THEFT. I have no legal right to take one person's property and give it to another without their consent.

So what makes it legal when the government does it? The only rights the government has is the rights that we the people GIVE it. And if I don't have the right to take one person's property and give it away, then logically I certainly cannot give that right to the government either. The definition of theft doesn't change depending on who's doing it.

Now, extrapolate that out to the government taking my tax dollars and giving them to some welfare queen against my will. Theft is theft. It's still the same act, it's just being done by the government. All these social programs that the gummint is blowing money on is being done with my money and yours. And that money is taken from us by threats of punishment if we don't pony up.

It's still theft. It's just on a grand scale that your average neighborhood mugger could only dream of.

No comments: