Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Adding on to my wife's post below

I found this via The Smallest Minority. Go take a look at a typical airbrushing job done for magazines. You know all those "hot" women on the covers and pages of magazines?

Yeah right.

No wonder American society has a completely unrealistic idea of what "beauty" really is. Even the models don't meet the standard for beauty these days. Think about that! The women held up as standards of good looking women are airbrushed, photoshopped, and altered so that every photograph is nothing more than an artful lie. And yet, women are supposed to fit this standard of beauty?

I don't think so.

My disgust with modern models has been voiced on this blog a couple of times. Let me restate it right now - the modern picture of "beauty" is a fake, a fraud, a lie perpetuated by European fashion designers who prefer adolescent boys rather than full figured women. For anyone who wants to know what real women look like, may I suggest a perusal of Kim du Toit's Weekend Women? Just skip past the few men that he puts up for his women readers.

Anyways, that's that.

No comments: