Saturday, July 07, 2007

Robert A Heinlein

Would have been 100 today. Didn't make it. Of course, damn near nobody makes it to 100, so it's not like it's a big shock.

Heinlein, believe it or not, started out on the Left side of the political sphere, but drifted ever to the Right as he grew older. Proving the old adage "If you're 20 and a Conservative, you have no heart. If you're 40 and a Liberal, you have no brain." Me personally, I had a heart when I was 20, I just couldn't stand the rampant drug use, loose ethics, and questionable morals that Liberalism entailed.

Nothing will set you off from a political philosophy quicker than realizing that everyone who subscribes to it is either a disease-infested, drug smoking loser, or yearns to be one.

In any case, I've enjoyed reading Heinlein books for years, and I still haven't read them all. I'm working on that.

Anyways, it's a drill weekend, which means that I'm ass-deep in paperwork. See you all on Monday.

No comments: