Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter

I can honestly say that Holy Week has me tired and done in. Ever since I took charge of the choir (which I only did because nobody else stepped up - the story of my life sometimes) I've realized just how much you have to do in order to make things flow well. On top of that, if you're part of the church that is kinda required, you have to be at every mass or liturgy that is required.

My voice is shot. As in, gone. Four masses, and I can't sing another note until my vocal chords heal up a bit. I'm not used to singing this much anymore. I used to be able to sing hours a day for days on end, but I'm not a kid who's practicing every day, and I haven't been one for a while. If you've wondered why I haven't been posting much, it's because after I've gotten off work, finished the various tasks around the house and taken care of odd business that crops up when you're in the military, I've then been spending anywhere from three to five hours at the chapel making sure that our Chaplain has everything he needs (He's new to the Chaplain Corps, although not new to the Army), and helping to plan out the next day's mass. I've never been this involved in a parish before. It's a learning experience.

I've been a busy boy.


In any case, I thought it would be a good day to once again remind people about my favorite Catholic blogger, Mr. Poretto. His Sunday Ruminations are not to be missed, if you're of a religious persuasion. Or even if you're not religious, but would like to expand your knowledge of the subject a bit. Hell, why be picky; there's not one damn entry of his that I just skip over, they're all worth reading.

OK, maybe the chess posts are a bit much for those who aren't as interested in chess as he is, but I still read through them. Strategy is always good to learn.

In any case, I'm enjoying a good gin and tonic right now - I gave up all hard liquor for Lent, and I've been without for quite a few weeks. Now I'm no longer without, and I'm going to go enjoy myself with my wife by my side.

I hope your Easter was as fulfilling as mine.

No comments: