Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Women in the Military

There are few things that have hurt the feminist movement more the greedy women. I am not talking about money greed. I am talking about how just about every group that wants "equal rights" really wants "special privilidges". They don't want a level playing field, they want a handicap that is guised as "equal". The previous post really reminded me about this. One of the things that really pisses me off is that women have a much easier Physical Test than men do. And, the whole thing about being undeployable if you get pregnant. A lot of women suddenly get pregnant when they get the orders. Wake up and smell the coffee! If you want equal rights then pass the same physical requirements as the guys, and for goodness sake, get a longterm, non-removable birth control. I have no issues with having women put in a Norplant or IUD that would only be removed upon discharge. I do not believe the military should have a maternity uniform. I think if you get pregnant, you should get out. I do not even truly support single parents or dual military families, since I realize that most family care plans are not worth the paper they are written on. This means that single mothers in the military, or dual military families get their orders and someone gets a free pass. It's just not right. It makes respecting women a whole lot harder. This is not just a paycheck this is a life style where the only certainty is UNcertainty!!! And that (sense of adventure?) comes with a specific time commitment that is contractually binding until you are no longer a viable solder!

On issues concerning women I am a lot more hard nosed than my husband, Raging_Dave.
And on that I am very proud:)

No comments: