Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Uh oh!

Somebody just called the movie "300" gay. So you can expect to see the howls of outrage just about any time right now. They'll be breaking someone on a rack in 3.... 2..... 1.....

Oh, wait, it's just a liberal who's calling something "gay" so it's OK. Right? What a crock. St. Andrew of the Shrieking Hysterics, who just happens to be gay, called a movie gay. Kinda like the "n" word, right? Certain people can use it, but other people depending on their political background, ethnic heritage, skin pigmentation, or some other heretofor unknown thingy can't use it?

What a load of crap. Hey, you know what? I'm taking control of the word "mick" for all people of Irish background. I no longer want to hear about anyone who "slipped him a mickey". I don't want to hear one word about Mickey Mouse. As the term "mick" was once used to insult people who came to America long before I was born, I reserve the right to be offended at it's use by anyone who isn't of Irish background.

Now, doesn't that sound stupid? Of course it does! When I hear people claim that a certain word is offensive, and then they themselves use that word as an insult? I find that stupid as hell as well.

Feh. There's a reason I stopped reading St. Andrew of the Bleeding Heart a long, long time ago. I can't understand why other people just won't let him fade into obscurity, shrieking and flinging spittle as he goes.

No comments: