Friday, March 02, 2007

John McCain

Should be toast right about now.

Republican presidential contender John McCain, a staunch backer of the Iraq war
but critic of how President Bush has waged it, said U.S. lives had been "wasted"
in the four-year-old conflict. Democrats demand the Arizona senator apologize
for the comment as Sen. Barack Obama did when the Democratic White House hopeful recently made the same observation.


"Americans are very frustrated, and they have every right to be," McCain said Wednesday on CBS' "Late Show With David Letterman." "We've wasted a lot of our most precious treasure, which is American lives."


Look, I was never going to vote for McCain to begin with. And I can give you my reason in two words: McCain-Feingold. After that gutting of the 1st Amendment, there was no way I was going to vote him into office any higher than "Dog Catcher".

But this crap just confirmed any suspicions I had about him. They guy is a political opportunist. He's not a "maverick", he's just another wet-fingered politician trying to see what votes he can buy.

So, Senator McCain, here's my response to your presidential campaign: Piss Off.

No comments: