Friday, March 09, 2007

Credit where credit is due

A little while ago, Cap'n Jim wrote of Jim Zumbo:

It is better....far better, that we reclaim him and help him to redeem himself to a (albiet grudgingly) eventually forgiving community of arms, rather than for us to stack up our straw and wood under his pyre, and torch him though he has recanted..... (or is learning his recantation, however slowly.) I'm not deluded so as to think that Mr. Zumbo will fully grasp the weight of his betrayal in a few days, or even weeks.


But, in a year's time, and with a year's effort, I also have no doubt that he can become one of our loudest, most articulate and most effective voices. As such, I'd (re)welcome him (guardedly?) into the fold.



Today, Kim du Toit posts this missive:

A LOT of people said I was right all along and I shouldn’t have apologized. That’s the danger, that’s the problem. A WHOLE lot of education needs to go on. When these people tell me that, I give them my new hard core spiel about HR1022 and how it will take away their favorite hunting guns. They say, NO ****, and I’ve won a convert. How sweet it is.

Welcome back to the light, Mr. Zumbo. While I'm going to be watching you and people like you very carefully, it's nice to see that you've recognized the problems inherent in your previous position.

No comments: