Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I have a confession to make

I didn't watch the SOTU address. Not one word of it. Why? Because I knew what will happen.

Bush will make a nice speech. It'll include many of the things that conservatives have talked about for the past six years, but when push came to shove the Republicans sat on their hands and did nothing.

We will be treated with the same classless morons who now control Congress acting like, well, classless morons. I expect the cameras will focus on Clinton, Obama, and Kennedy as much as possible. Right. The only one of those people who I don't vomit at the mere sight of is Obama. But that's only because he hasn't lived long enough for his outside to resemble true inside.

Bush will outline grandiose plans that will go nowhere, as the Democrats American Communist Party will torpedo the moment they hit the floor of the Capitol Building, as actually getting things done is not as important to them as hurting President Bush.

Besides.... Bush isn't going to say what really needs to be said, is he?

The disaster is that you, Congress and the American people, do not care to fight. Faced with a fundamental challenge to our own security, to everything we believe in, to the world order to peace and security for which we and our parents fought so hard for so many years, you now want to pretend like none of these threats are real. You want to surrender to the evil I have been telling you about. An evil that, unchecked, can consume large parts of the world and threatens to usher in a dark age.

You didn’t like it when I talked about evil. Sounded too simple, too uncompromising, too moralistic. Too … biblical.

I don’t know what else you call people who fly passenger jets into office buildings; who rape women in front of their husbands and children, and execute their opponents in acid baths; who seek to spread tyrannical and archaic religious regimes that enslave women and stifle fundamental freedoms. Who want to dominate the world’s primary oil fields with nuclear weapons.

I call it evil. Works for me.


One of the biggest problems I see is that Congress, hell, ALL politicians, are living in their own make believe world, which doesn't resemble the real world at all. Yet they make their decisions based on that make believe world, try to press their decisions in the real world, and learn NOTHING when they fail because reality won't conform itself to their fantasy. And still they learn nothing. NOTHING!

Fuck it. Why should I watch a large group of deluded pricks talk to themselves? The more I see of our political "leadership", the more I wonder just when the next revolution is coming.

No comments: