Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Batten down the hatches

'cause I think I'm gonna get hit with this one.

Tropical Storm Chris, the third named storm of the 2006 Atlantic hurricane season, developed early Tuesday near the Leeward Islands, forecasters at the National Hurricane Center said.


Now, my family and I live in a concrete house that resembles a bomb shelter, so I doubt that we're going to be in any danger whatsoever. I also have a week's worth of fresh water saved up, and plenty of non-perishable food. However, knowing the quality of utility services down here, any storm stronger than a mouse fart is going to knock out power for a day or two. So, if I don't blog in the next couple of days, don't worry about me. I'm safe. I just don't have any electricity. I have a generator for my house, but that won't help the company that provides me with the internet.

Granted, I'll have to deal with all the Puerto Ricans who didn't plan ahead and are now completely SOL, but I think I can handle that.

No comments: