Wednesday, March 08, 2006

San Antonio

ain't too bad a place. The first thing I noticed is the smell. I don't know if it's mesquite or what, but it's this fresh, kinda pine scent. It's rather nice.

The Raging Mrs. is going under the knife on Friday. Normally, this would scare the shit out of both of us, but after two months of her captivity in a wheelchair, it was more of a relief than anything else. If there's anyone out there who prays, could you spare a few seconds for my wife? I have all faith in the doctor, but there is a reason why doctors practice medicine.

One other thing - go check out this letter by a man named Jim March. It is one of the best anti-guncontrol letters I've read in a while. Well stated, articulate, and backed up by tons of fact filled links. I found it while reading Random Nuclear Strikes.

That's it for now. By the way, I've finally joined the modern age, and purchaced a laptop computer with WiFi capabilities. It's not the fastest, most shiniest piece of electronic equipment you've ever seen, but it's the best computer I've ever owned, so I'm not complaining. And the wife will be thrilled to have all of my "crap" (as she calls it) off the home computer. Graphics, army crap and all that. She'll have that computer to herself, and she's singing Hallelujia.

I'll keep you all updated. I'll hopefully be meeting with a few people from this area, including a few bloggers you might know. If I meet people, I'll do my best to post pictures.

Oh, that's another thing that came under the "Let's make the wife feel better and buy her something" fund. A digital camera. Kodak Easyshare or something like that. She picked it out, and it's HER camera. I get a dirty look from her if I even glance in the camera's direction. Ah well, I have all my fancy gizmos, she deserves her own. But since we have it here, I may just be able to get a few pictures from it.

If she doesn't bite my fingers off for touching it.

No comments: